Terms And Conditions
CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
1. All quotations, including delivery date, are subject to final confirmation and acceptance.
If this document accompanies confirmation of order it will be taken to be the contractual agreement with these conditions unless there
is further negotiation in this matter within 2 weeks of the date of this confirmation..
2. The tender price is based on current rates of foreign currency exchange, current costs of imported goods, shipping freight, insurance,
duty, coastal charges, railage, cartage and other charges and any increase will be for account of the customer.
3. All payments for goods are to be made according to the terms stipulated in the quotation and the goods remain the property of the seller
until final payment has been made. If payment terms are not stipulated payment shall be made not later than the 25th day of the month in
which the goods were delivered or the work done.
4. If the goods cannot be accepted and paid for by the customer when they have been completed and are due for delivery Handi-Pak may
the customer notice that if the goods are not paid for within 21 days Handi-Pak has the right to cancel the sale and repossess the
In such an event the customer forfeits any deposit that may have been paid.
5. Interest at the prime interest rate will be charged on outstanding amounts without notice. Further services and supply of goods may
be suspended until final payment is made without any liability for consequential loss by Handi-Pak. All payments will be made in SA
currency free of exchange at our offices at Strand.
6. Off-loading of equipment and positioning thereof will be for the account of the customer unless otherwise agreed and the customer
accepts full responsibility for any loss or damage sustained.
7. If an account is overdue we may withhold or suspend any further contractual obligations and not be held responsible for any resultant
8. The customer will make all the necessary connections, services and product lines to the machine according to specification.
HandiPak do not accept responsibility for malfunctioning due to inadequate or faulty supply of services and/or installation not according to
9. This tender includes only the supply of the goods and/or performance of the services specified. Any additional goods delivered or services
carried out on the customer’s instructions, or at the insistence of any Government, Municipal or other authority shall be added to the tender price and paid for
10. Handi-Pak will train operators and specify the maintenance and running conditions of the machine but do not accept responsibility for
malfunctioning if the operator fails to comply with these.
11. If commissioning is delayed for reasons beyond our control we may withdraw our staff and make additional charges for returning to
12. When goods are delivered on site they are at the risk of the customer as far as offloading, storing and moving are concerned and the customer is
responsible for any loss due to theft, breakages or fire.
13. No agreements made with our employees shall be binding unless these are confirmed by an appropriate authority in the company.
14. Delivery is in good faith. Every attempt will be made to comply with the delivery date agreed to but the Company will not be held responsible for
delays that are caused directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond the control of Handi-Pak such as labour strikes, shortage of material,
major delays in components supplied etc. or teething problems with equipment extending pre-delivery test period and the contract shall not be
invalidated by such delays.
15. In no event of performance or mechanical failure or delivery delays will the supplier be accountable for any form of consequential loss.
16. Unless otherwise specified these prices are only valid for 60 days but the final contract is still subject to acceptance by both parties.
17. Where quotations are given for “bought out” machinery the price quoted is subject to confirmation with the supplier and the seller has the right to pass
on any increase that may occur before a final contract is negotiated.
18. Import duties on items marked imported. The equipment offered is at present classified under customs tariff heading “Duty Free Surcharge Free”.
Any duty or surcharge which may be imposed at the date of delivery will be for the customer’s account.
19. If goods are ready for delivery and the customer cannot accept delivery, at an agreed delivery date, payment shall be due on the terms
and the customer will be charged storage at 0.5% of the contract price per month
20.In the event of the goods we supply being from a third party we indemnify ourselves from any possibility of the manufacturer of the
goods having transgressed patent or franchise rights and any claims in this regard would revert directly to the original supplier manufacturer of the goods.
21.In the event of a dispute between ourselves and the customer which cannot be resolved the Cape Chamber of Industries will appoint an
arbitrator with appropriate experience to resolve the dispute.
22.The guarantee is for a period of 6 months against faulty parts but does not include normal wear and tear and excludes travelling and
technician’s time and it also excludes adjustments to the machine after commissioning.
23. PAYMENT TERMS:
South Africa: 50% with order and balance before delivery.
Abroad: Confirmed Irrevocable Letter of Credit:
Payment at sight of shipping documents
50% Letter of credit due against sight of shipping documents, confirmed by First National Bank in South Africa before we commence
production and cost of confirmation to be borne by the buyer.
Reimbursement by the confirming bank to be within 6 (six) UK working days from authenticated claim.